Seems like a strange name for a craft blog, right? Well, I have always felt a little bit shy, or afraid to share my creativenss. When making something fabulous and someone compliments me, I usually play it off like it is no big deal. I have been a 'closet crafter' for too long! No more apologies! No more excuses! I love to craft and I am not ashamed!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summertime week 2 - Pioneers

 Alrighty, week #2 of summer in our house.  I can totally tell that my girls have been together way too much!  The bickering and picking on each other is at an all time high and I am about to lose my marbles!
If that isn't enough, I haven't felt super.  So, these first few activities are super simple and kind of uneventful!

We kicked off Pioneer Week with a trip to the local library.
We found a bunch of books on Pioneers and life in the Old West.  We have been reading stories about what life was like and some of the things that the kids would have done.
I really don't think my 4yr old believes that there wasn't always TVs, and even houses!  It is a hard concept to wrap your head around, I suppose!

I also found this cute little activity on MormonShare.com.
It is a cute little wagon for the kiddos to color and cut out.  It is suppose to look like what the Pioneers would have seen as they left Winter Quarters and headed into the Salt Lake Valley.
This one isn't finished yet, but you get the idea!


Here are a couple of my projects that have kept be busy this week (and still trying to get them finished!)
I am making a train as part of our Primary Float for our multi-stake parade.
I will post pics of the whole float when we get it finished!
Also, I am attempting, and I use that word loosely, to make bonnets and aprons for me and my girls for the parade.  I have two aprons done and half of one bonnet!  Think I will get them finished in time for the parade?  Might have to break out the glue gun! :-p
Again, I will post pics when if they get finished!
Are you celebrating Pioneer Days this weekend?  What fun activities to you have planned?  Do you have any fun craft Pioneer Activities you want to share or feature?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment