Seems like a strange name for a craft blog, right? Well, I have always felt a little bit shy, or afraid to share my creativenss. When making something fabulous and someone compliments me, I usually play it off like it is no big deal. I have been a 'closet crafter' for too long! No more apologies! No more excuses! I love to craft and I am not ashamed!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

3rd Day of Christmas Craft

On the third day of Christmas my girls made for me...
Christmas Tree Garland!

I cut out a bunch of paper trees for the girls to decorate. At the time I wasn't sure what we were going to do with them. After they had each made 5 or so, I realized we were going to have a lot of trees! That's when I decided to staple them on ribbon and hang them up.

I have to say, doing crafts with my girls has given me the opportunity to get rid of alot of scrapbooking stuff that I probably never will use! I gave them each a plate of different buttons, beads, glitter, stickers, and glitter glue!
I turned on Christmas music while they were crafting (and I was getting ready for work!) They were gluing and glittering for more than an hour and a half! It was amazing! They probably would have gone longer but it was lunch time!

We had to let the trees dry over night, and then today after church I stapled them and we hung them in the window by the Christmas tree!

Yes, it is not the most glamorous of decorations, but I love it! I love seeing my girls be creative and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment