Seems like a strange name for a craft blog, right? Well, I have always felt a little bit shy, or afraid to share my creativenss. When making something fabulous and someone compliments me, I usually play it off like it is no big deal. I have been a 'closet crafter' for too long! No more apologies! No more excuses! I love to craft and I am not ashamed!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Make-Believe Day 3 - Tea Party!

Today we had a fabulous Tea Party!  We 'made believe' we were Royalty!  It was fabulous!

First we decorated our 'staffs' (from the dollar store).  The girls made sure to bling them out with beads, pom-poms, feathers, and stickers!  They turned out marvelous!

 Next, we made a Royal Bunting out of paper and more embellishments!
(This is from the book "Princess Things to Make and Do" that I also featured in my post yesterday)
 These will be hanging in their bedroom for a long time - I am pretty sure!
Now we were ready for our Tea Party!
Add some toothpicks to anything and it makes it Fancy!  (Thank you Fancy Nancy!)
And if you drink pink milk from a champagne flute it makes you feel like you are Royalty!
The girls dressed up in their 'best' dresses and put on their hats.
 (Yes, the flutes are from a wedding anniversary.  We use them all the time never, so the girls thought it was a fabulous treat to use them!)
 While the girls were eating their lunch, I made cupcakes and frosting.  They got to help decorate (and eat) the cupcakes!  Yum!

Super Fun!
What have you and your kiddos been up to this summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment