Seems like a strange name for a craft blog, right? Well, I have always felt a little bit shy, or afraid to share my creativenss. When making something fabulous and someone compliments me, I usually play it off like it is no big deal. I have been a 'closet crafter' for too long! No more apologies! No more excuses! I love to craft and I am not ashamed!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pioneer Day

Happy Sunday!

I am helping with a float in our local "Pioneer Day" Parade.  I am LDS, and we celebrate when the Mormon Pioneers first entered the Salt Lake Valley.  It is celebrated on July 24th and is a State holiday in Utah.  We live in Nevada, so it is not State holiday.  Most people who are LDS do not know what we are celebrating.  Our parade is a small parade, mostly made up of the local wards and goes around a couple of blocks.  Our Church building is across the street from a park, so after wards there is a pancake breakfast, Pioneer games and activities - mostly for the kiddos.  It is a lot of fun (Hot! but fun!),
Anyway, back to the float!  I am still trying to figure it all out and what we are actually going to do.  The older children in our Primary (8-11) will be helping us out, so I have been looking for ideas that they will be able to do also.
I thought I would share some of what I have come across, in case any of you out there would like to use the ideas as well!  I would also love any ideas that you might have!  Please share!!!

Cute craft idea from Looledo.com


This Sunbonnet can also be used as an apron!  So cute!
Go check out http://sunbonnetsue.com/ for other sun bonnet ideas!


This Paper Bonnet is something I might use for the girls to wear! 
They could even decorate them however they wanted! Winner!

Alright, so my search was a little sad :(  I need ideas people!  We want the kids to make something to wear - probably bandannas for the boys and bonnets for the girls.  We are making a flat bed trailer look like a covered wagon.  If you have suggestions, please let me know!!

Thanks a ton!

No comments:

Post a Comment